DCE is one of the North West’s leading independent companies for supplying commercial catering equipment and educational machine tools/design technology equipment, alongside maintenance services to schools and colleges. We are a trusted supplier to over 700 schools and colleges throughout the North West.
Following a recent D&T Workshop Service & LEV inspection that we carried out, as a trusted company for the school, DCE was asked to assist in an upgrade and install to replace a circular table saw and a dust extraction unit. Using our experience and technical knowledge of British Standard Code of Practice: BS4163:2014, we were able to advise the school in selecting the appropriate machinery for their needs.
We always keep up-to-date with the latest models and new appliances that enter the market, so before choosing your new equipment we can offer expert advice on what would best suit your needs and budget. As we can do for every school that purchases equipment from us, we delivered the new equipment to their site, installed it and provided training and safety demonstrations to ensure the equipment was always used correctly and within safety guidelines. Our engineers can even remove your old units and dispose of them safely for you, issuing you with a waste transfer note to comply with environmental regulations.
At DCE, we like to make the process as easy as possible for all our clients and provide the best quality service. Our engineers always ensure:
- High standards when it comes to both the selection and installation of our equipment (i.e. for this installation, we used smooth ducting and minimised any flexible ducting to reduce friction in order to maintain the best performance for the extraction unit)
- They only use industry-standard fittings to ensure the installation will last the life of the machine
- All our LEV installations are supplied with airflow monitors to show the user that the unit is working correctly and meeting commissioning levels and controls at the time of use
- Appropriate and understandable user manuals, logbooks, and reports are given on installations
- Safety demonstrations are given following installations
We can provide servicing and new installations to schools during term time as all engineers hold current DBS checks or during school holidays, if more convenient. This ensures that equipment is thoroughly cleaned, safe to use, and all equipment is in top working order for when the students return.
If your school has a design technology workshop that needs servicing, or you need expert advice on upgrading your machinery, contact DCE today. We have a team of expert, accredited engineers with years of experience in installing, repairing, maintaining, and servicing design technology equipment. We can ensure all your equipment is working to its optimum performance and kept in line with safety regulations. We even offer special pricing for the public sector and multi-service discounts. Contact us today to find out more.